Maine Maritime Academy Coronavirus Information & Updates
Maine Maritime Academy is closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and working proactively to minimize any risk to our community.
Fall 2022 Information
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
The most up-to-date and relevant health resources can be found on the CDC website. Please refer to their site when seeking COVID-19 information and revisit often for updates.
MMA community members are encouraged to follow these CDC guidelines regarding general hygiene and good health:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
Watch for symptoms:
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat (in some patients)
If you are sick, to keep from spreading respiratory illness to others, you should:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
If you have traveled out of state recently or have been exposed to someone diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus and get sick with fever (100.4 F or higher) or cough, or have trouble breathing:
- Seek medical care. Call ahead before visiting the Health Center (326-2305), your doctor’s office, or an emergency room. Medical staff will ask you questions and properly prepare for your arrival.
- Tell your health care provider about your recent travel and your symptoms.
- Avoid contact with others.
- For information and updates from the Academy, please monitor this page. Information will also be shared on MMA’s Facebook, Twitter, and mobile app.
- To read the latest information about Maine’s CDC COVID-19 response, please visit the Maine CDC
- To read the latest information about the CDC’s national COVID-19 response, please visit the CDC website.
- For information on State legislation in response to COVID-19, or state-wide closings, visit maine.gov.
- For information on Federal response and legislation regarding COVID-19, please visit usa.gov.
The CDC includes information for U.S. travel and other information, including an FAQ on their website.
If you have read the FAQs and cannot find your question answered there, please use the following contact information for these offices. Please note that email is the preferred mode of communication at this time. Thank you!
- Academics: Cindra Leeman, email@example.com, 207-326-2485
- Admissions: firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-326-2207
- Athletics: Steve Peed, email@example.com, 207-326-2451
- Business Office (including refund questions): Alice Herrick, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-326-2445
- Cadet Shipping: Deb Harman, email@example.com, 207-326-2650
- Co-ops/Field Experience: Chuck Easley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-326-2652
- Financial Aid: Ryan French, email@example.com, 207-326-2682
- Residence Life: Blossom Thao, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-326-2280
- Student concerns: Deidra Davis, email@example.com, 207-326-2138
- TSSOM Cruise – Regimental Office: firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-326-2250
- All other questions: Deidra Davis, email@example.com, 207-326-2138